General Catering Assistant
General Assistant - Fixed Term Contract until 31st October
About the role
As one of our General Catering Assistants you will work in either our Cold or Hot Kitchen department preparing and plating in-flight meals to a set menu, for both Economy and First Class passengers, to the standard set by each of the airlines we serve. Alternatively you will be based in Production, preparing, handling and packing food products, Equipment, stock handling and packing, or our Wash department, cleaning and maintaining airline equipment.
General Catering Assistants contracts are for a fixed-term basis until 31st October, working up to 40 hours per week on a shift basis including some evenings and weekends. Whilst on shift you will receive free meals and car parking at the airport.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Enjoy working as part of team in a fast moving environment where deadlines are tight to ensure that flights depart on time.
- You must be able to maintain a clean and safe workstation, working in a manner that promotes good health and safety practices
- You should also be willing to undertake some manual handling, bending and reaching as part of your normal duties.
- You should be able to complete basic numerical tasks as part of this role.
If you are successful we will provide you with full training on all our processes and systems.In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations we will carry out a full 5 year employment background check on all successful applications. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
Alpha LSG Ltd are a global provider of managed services. We provide in-flight catering and retail products to a variety of leading airlines. Throughout our 17 locations we cater more than 440 flights per day and service more airline customers (75+) than anyone else in the UK.