Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
As an Agricultural Mechanic, you will be dealing with the maintenance and repairs of cultivation machines. In addition, Agricultural Mechanics may test machine systems and troubleshoot problems if errors occur. Agricultural mechanics use diagnostic tools and their knowledge of equipment systems to diagnose and repair machines, as well as perform general maintenance.
- Performing diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment, including Farm sight products.
- Undertaking servicing on machinery as specified.
- Undertaking training to develop skills and knowledge including new products and services offered by the manufacturers.
- Completing all work to the highest standards both in the workshop and in the field / on farm as required.
- Mentoring apprentices and trainees.
- Completing all pre-delivery set up on new and used equipment.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with agricultural machinery including tractors, combines and sprayers etc...
- Ideally work experience within an agricultural franchised dealer environment, preferably John Deere.
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- The ability to provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to work as a team or individually
- Being self-motivated, having good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ideally your own Tools
- NVQ in Mechanics