Stores Controller & Maintenance Planner
We're recruiting, Stores Controller & Maintenance Planner.
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Controller and Maintenance Planner within our Engineering department based at our Market Drayton Butter site. The role will involve generating, coordinating and monitoring effective planning for engineering activities carried out on site, implement and coordinate best practice inventory management systems and processes, to deliver the required customer service levels and budgetary control.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Day to day management of the stores goods in and goods out operation.
* Delivery of Inventory Management Plan in line with Muller Excellence (ME) roadmap and site plan.
* BOM material creation for assets and BOM service pack generation for planned activities.
* Attend engineering weekly planning meeting.
* Complete regular cycle counts and full stock counts in line with ME roadmap.
* Stock out errors are investigated to root cause and eliminated.
* Engineering materials lead times are managed and updated in conjunction with supplier lead times.
* Optimise engineering stock spares holding in line with the inventory management plan and ME roadmap.
* Improve parts descriptions in line with Muller UK standard naming format.
* Update and monitor the material codes for all materials on site.
* Manage the engineering materials location via the system.
* Monitor, recommend and improve the minimum and maximum order points in conjunction with the engineering team.
* Attach all relevant documentation to each part record including food safe records and data sheets.
* Ensure all relevant data information is up to date.
* Process all stock materials which are required to be re-ordered.
* Process and ensure accuracy of all purchase request information.
* Support the development/improvement of planning cycle flow charts.
* Negotiate the release/availability of equipment with production/planning departments.
* Prioritisation of safety and mandatory tasks.
* Administration of CMMS system.
* Generation of weekly plan.
* Track and report completion rates against plan.
* Support reactive occurrences.
* Planning activities to be aligned with the site criticality matrix.
* Utilise unplanned opportunities for maintenance.
* Support the operations team in planning asset care tasks.
* Communicate/feedback to relevant business stakeholders.
* Implement 5s plan for engineering stores and complete the 5s weekly audit.
* Ensure all engineering materials are stored in a safe method.
* Ensure all lubrication products are stored in bunded areas or fire proof cabinets.
* All locations are labelled with part description, part number and stock number.
* Hazardous materials are stored in a safe environment and allocated via stores.
* Implement visual management processes in line with site standards.
* Support improvement activities/events within engineering stores.
* Supply all purchase orders to the relevant suppliers.
* Manage all outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery OTIF.
* Manage purchase order invoice exceptions ensuring rectification for each error.
* Ensure GO Compliance for all engineering purchase orders.
* Receipt all purchase orders on daily basis ensuring purchase order data integrity between CMMS and ERP system.
* Prioritisation of backlog corrective work through cross functional review.
* Effective backlog management through weekly planning cycle.
* Support improvement activities through weekly planning cycle.
* Support and develop RCM (reliability centred maintenance) studies and outputs.
* Visual management display of site maintenance plan.
* Support engineering roadmap and continuous improvement strategy.
* In line with roadmap, develop and support the creation of the Technical Library.
* Maintain the Technical Library.
* Manage supplier delivery performance in line with supplier KPIs.
* Manage supplier quotation performance in line with supplier KPI's.
* Attend supplier reviews with all relevant information.
* Communicate all supplier performance issues with key site personnel.
* Display within the stores area monthly key supplier performance.
* Track and report weekly budget spend covering spend direct to machine, spare part issue direct to machine and nett stock losses.
* Migration of OEM low criticality parts to preferred vendors.
* Standardisation of engineering spares.
* Track and report weekly adherence to short term plan.
* Track and report adherence to monthly mandatory maintenance.
* Track and report backlog management.
* Track and report planned vs unplanned.
* Measure variance against standard task time.
* Prepare engineering data pack for MPR.
Key skills & experience:
* Experience of stores CMMS.
* Experience of FMCG environment.
* Experience of ERP system.
* Stores/inventory management experience.
* Negotiating/influencing skills.
* Planning and organisational skills.
* Stores management MROM.
* ERP and CMMS awareness.
* Critical spares analysis.
* 5's training.
* Engineering parts awareness.
* Engineering apprenticeship.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84762039