Administrative Assistant - Children's Services
Friendly and welcoming office
This is a varied job role where you will use your administrative skills to assist with all aspects of the administration for our Inspire service
We have an excellent and exciting opportunity for a dynamic and well-motivated administrator to join our busy and growing children's residential care service. Based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, we are currently looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our Inspire team. Our Inspire division is part of Caretech Children's Services - a national provider of quality services for Looked after Children.
The ideal candidate will be organised, friendly, have excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. Varied and interesting, the role will involve maintaining databases, collating reports, supporting with recruitment, marketing and auditing, property searches, setting up meetings and minute taking, and other general administrative duties. The ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with professionals and other stakeholders in a sensitive and professional manner is a must. You will be required to use IT systems and databases in your role, and produce well written letters, reports and emails. The successful candidate must have GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent), and good IT knowledge. Previous administration experience is essential.
You will also ideally have knowledge of GDPR, Right to Work and Complinace checking.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office budgets
- Maintain and update service databases
- Collate weekly and monthly reports
- Supporting the recruitment team with references and DBS'
- Answer queries by employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Maintain a service calendar and schedule appointments
- Book meeting and training rooms, take minutes and distribute as required
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Arrange travel and accommodations
- Schedule in-house and external events, including training, and maintain training matrix
- Support with audit of timesheets, expenses, rota management and service budgets
- Be involved with the marketing and design teams, send out literature and vacancy flyers
- Support Operations Manager with sourcing, securing and furnishing new properties
- General administrative tasks
- Proven work experience as an Administrator or similar role
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Good knowledge of office procedures, Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Experience with office management software like MS Office including MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail
- GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent) and good IT skills
- We provide superb FREE training
- We have a proven progression path
- We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme, share save scheme
- We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. By applying for this role, you are consenting to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Any data processed will be used for recruitment purposes within CareTech only and will not be retained by CareTech for any longer than 6 months.