Senior Quantity Surveyor
Spencer Clarke Group are working closley with Shropshire Council to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor to their team. The role is on a full time, agency contract for a minimum of 4 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 with the role offering a rate of pay of £24.00 per hour.
Please note there may be room for negotiation on the rate depending on the experience of the candidate.
Main Purpose of the Role
Our client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who will be the responsible for the management, procurement and tendering of all highways and transport contacts.
They will act as the liaison and manager of the relationship and performance of the contractors / consultants and will lead their team to ensure that Shropshire Councils interests are achieved and embedded into the processes and policies within the contracts teams remit.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Responsible to Highway Governance and Traffic Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder’s health and safety, training and development.
- Responsible and accountable for 4 FTE members of staff, acting in a supervisory/managerial capacity, monitoring performance, supporting development and undertaking annual appraisals.
- Expected to lead and/or contribute to a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners in order achieve specified outcomes, but will not have direct authority over those involved.
- Be responsible for commercial performance of all HT&EM contracts and ensuring best value for the Service.
- Be principle point of contact and subject matter expert on all contractual issues within the Service.
- Act as champion for promoting contract and commercial management excellence across the Service.
- Act as Service Manager for the HD & EM contracts Delivery of contracts for the Service in line with legislation, contract conditions, industry standards and best practice.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with principle Consultant and Service Providers Contractors and liaise on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
- Ensure robust accurate and timely cost and value reporting on all HT&EM contracts.
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting and produce forecasting data Interrogate data to inform corporate and management reporting of KPI’s across HT&EM contracts.
- Provision of technical and legal advice on contractual issues.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible and apply below.