Would you like to develop a career working with Adults with Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs?
We are currently looking the right person to join a team of Residential Support Workers who are flexible to work shift patterns which include earlies and lates on both weekdays and weekends.
This is a full time, permanent position paying up to £9.42 per hour with an extensive training package, funded qualifications and fantastic internal progression opportunities.
As a Support Worker, you will be an integral part of the team helping to develop the independence of the service user and maintaining the Company’s Good CQC report. Whether you are in the residential home or out in the community you will be implementing the person-centered approach developed by the Company to ensure each service user develops at their own pace.
Responsibilities of the Support Worker:
- Assisting clients with all aspects of personal care, promoting self-help and independence in-line with care plans and supporting with moving and handling techniques
- Assisting the administration of medication
- Assisting with domestic duties
- Participate in regular review meetings and risk assessments
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Managing challenging behaviour in a safe and effective manner
- To maintain knowledge and operate within current legislation and company polices and procedures
- Promote in dependence and develop a trusting relationship with the clients
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Report any concerns that may indicate safety and well being is being compromised
- To undertake all mandatory training inline with company policies and procedures
Person Specification for the Support Worker:
- Staff must be flexible with shift patterns
- Willingness to train to NVQ standard
- Good values and aspiration to want to work in the Health and Social Care sector
- Experience within a Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential
- All applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 5 years referencing
Benefits for the Support Worker:
- Fully funded Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care or Children's Young People Workforce with on-site tutorial support
- 30 days annual leave per year
- Advantageous shift patterns
- Opportunities for internal progression, for example to Shift Leader and Home Manager
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Comprehensive training and support given in:
- The opportunity to make a difference to someone's life and wellbeing
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Bromyard, Herefordshireis passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients, so apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call Callum Hughes in the permanent recruitment team on, alternatively email your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84808467