About Our Client
An exciting opportunity exists with my client, a major player in the construction/house builder market with a recognised national presence. They are looking to recruit a Finance Officer to report to the Senior Finance Officer on a 3-6 Month fixed term contract.
The job sits within Group Financial Services which is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the Group. This includes the provision of financial and management accounting services. financial analysis, preparation of annual budgets, treasury, tax and VAT management. The job holder will ensure that they fully understand and fulfil their responsibilities in respect of both Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity at all times. This profile is not an exhaustive list of duties and other activities may need to be carried out requiring similar skill levels.
- Assist in the maintenance of financial records ensuring accuracy, completeness and adherence to financial controls in order to ensure regulatory and statutory requirements are met including effective management of all supporting processes.
- Assist in the delivery of business information for key customers and stakeholders to enable effective monitoring and to support decision making, business planning and effective financial management.
- Maintain monitoring systems to ensure a robust control environment is maintained and to safeguard the organisation's financial interests.
- Support the development and maintenance of effective relationships with stakeholders, assisting in addressing any issues or shortfalls in order to ensure the delivery of high standards of customer care.
- Contribute, as appropriate, to special programmes and projects in support of the Group's objectives.
- A relevant qualification is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to demonstrate good understanding of both written and spoken English.
- Some experience of producing & analysing quality statistical information.
- Working knowledge of financial regulation, legislation and current practice.
- Recent experience of undertaking a similar role.
- Confident using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to extract and interrogate date from computer systems.
- Recent experience of working in an administrative role or similar.