Assistant General Manager - Fitness Industry
Assistant General Manager - Fitness Industry. Sector leading brand. BRAND NEW CLUB
GBP18k plus GBP4k bonuses structure.
Benefits include ability to Personal Train to top up income as well as offering widely considered the best internal development progression opportunities in the industry.
We are recruiting for a fitness brand who have gyms all over the UK and they are looking for an Assistant Manager for their brand new club in Bromsgrove. They provide great opportunities to develop through giving opportunity and with a great learning and development program. There is genuinely a huge amount of industry leading talent to work for, alongside and develop.
This is a very hands-on management role within the fitness industry and encompasses many areas that can be covered in more detail. However, the key responsibilities are
- People Management - Leading a team of Personal Trainers.
- Brand & Operations Management - the fitness brand is brilliant and alongside your GM, it's your job to make sure your club not only attains the required standards and processes but comes ALIVE!
- Product - Yep, you know that big room you are managing, you must believe in it, want to be in it, want to be talking to the people in it. This is a deal breaker.
- Commercial - you will need to help the club raise its profile locally with fitness testing and events, ultimately bringing new memberships. This is a brand-new club and a will involve all standard duties long term but in the short term you will also be in a 'pre-sale'. This involves significant sales activity and you will be busy but challenged and develop great skills for your future. You will also help the GM drive other commercial opportunities for your club, such as PT and secondary spend.
What are we looking for? For you to be successful for this role and what we are looking for are clear. Firstly, you will read the above key requirements and be excited. Secondly a successful candidate for these roles typically has:
- A background in Personal Training, management, supervisor or Duty Management within the fitness industry, typically encompassing these keys areas of people management, managing brand standards, loving the fitness industry and be commercially aware and savvy. We are typically looking for someone who has been a Fitness Manager, Deputy/Assistant Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Instructor or an experienced PT within the fitness industry.
- If you are from outside the industry this role is still possible but you must completely excel in the areas above and have transferrable examples. You will need to be Personal Trainer qualified to level 3.
- You will have energy, personality and ambition. Skillset is vital but this company also recruit the person sat in front of them.
This role can develop significantly and there are considerable examples of this happening consistently over time and over the country. The next step from this role would be progression to a larger AGM position for more experience or a GM position.
Your recruiter for this role is Lawrence Everest, Managing Director at Love Recruitment and can be contacted simply by applying for this role. Lawrence and Love Recruitment specialise in recruitment for the whole fitness sector and if keen to considered please 'Apply Now'
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.