Credit Risk Manager
Our client is an instantly-recognisable brand name with a global presence. It has an enviable history and the brightest of commercial futures. Due to well-managed growth, they are now looking to acquire the services of talented and experienced Credit Risk Manager. The new Credit Risk Manager (Wholesale) is responsible for managing the Wholesale portfolio directly from the UK for the UK, Ireland, Netherlands & Belgium.
Reporting into the Director of Credit and Operations, you will oversee the development and monitoring of new and existing business, some very large contracts as well as domestic, underwriting and assessing the risk, and developing credit risk strategy, tailoring the approach dependent on each channel. You will comply with all regulations and make sure all MI is relevant, accurate and commentary is provided. You will also manage one member of staff, a Senior Credit Analyst.
The basic salary will be GBP45,000 to GBP55,000 dependent on experience, 10% bonus, BUPA healthcare, generous pension scheme, 25 days holiday rising to 28 with service, 8:30 - 4:30 standard working hours Monday to Friday, free parking, gym membership, lifestyles benefits, on-site restaurant and discount on a number of local businesses and services.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient preparation of documentation for the credit application flow to ensure accurate and timely processing of applications
- Monitor and ensure correct execution of Credit policies.
- Monitor KPI's and ensure delivery to agreed targets.
- Proactively assess areas of risk control and implement actions to mitigate
- Provide portfolio and trend analysis with appropriate recommendations based on gathered statistical and management information on the overall portfolio.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Monitor responsibilities of direct report and lead them in the achievement of objectives for their area of responsibility
- Organize Best Practices sharing and implementation within Wholesale Credit and Apply polices of EMEA Credit
- Develop a result-oriented working environment.
- Provides support as required in all areas of the credit department
- Provides support to the other areas of the business as required
- Communicate with and visit Dealer groups and negotiate directly regarding credit deals within defined guidelines
- Drive Quality and Process improvement to ensure the department is as efficient as possible and meets customer/Dealer expectations.
- Co-ordinates with other Credit Managers to ensures goals and priorities are aligned
- Manage the Audit process with external supplier and dealer network
Required skills & experience:
- You must have a Financial Services background, ideally at least 3 years credit risk, underwriting and analytical experience.
- Numerate/Analytical degree-level education or equivalent is a pre-requisite.
- Previous experience of developing and managing staff as well as a range of stakeholders.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Good knowledge of credit assessment and risk management.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively on multiple tasks.
- Proficient with MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Presentation skills with experience in various business settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough, with a high level of accuracy.
If you feel that you have the requisite skills and experience, please apply at your earliest convenience.