General Manager - Fitness Industry
General Manager - Fitness Industry. Sector leading brand and BRAND NEW CLUB
GBP28k plus GBP8k bonuses structure.
Benefits include ability to Personal Train to top up income as well as offering widely considered the best internal development progression opportunities in the industry.
We are recruiting for a fitness brand who have gyms all over the UK and they are looking for a Manager for their brand-new club in Bromsgrove. A new club gives a great opportunity to make your mark, gain new skills and create something very special.
This brand also provides great opportunities to develop through giving opportunity and with a great learning and development program. There is genuinely a huge amount of industry leading talent to work for, alongside and develop.
This is a very hands-on management role within the fitness industry and encompasses many areas that can be covered in more detail. However, the key responsibilities are
- People Management - Manage an Assistant Manager and a team of Personal Trainers.
- Brand & Operations Management - the fitness brand is brilliant and it's your job to make sure your club not only attains the required standards and processes but comes ALIVE!
- Product - Yep, you know that big room you are managing, you must believe in it, want to be in it, want to be talking to the people in it. This is a deal breaker.
- Commercial - you need to make sure this new club is financially successful. You must be willing to be proactive with marketing and awareness and it will be a very fast paced process. A new club is amazing but challenging. Once the club is open you will then be charged with attracting new and retaining happy members and are driving other commercial opportunities for your club.
What are we looking for? For you to be successful for this role and what we are looking for are clear. Firstly, you will read the above key requirements and be excited. Secondly a successful candidate for these roles typically has:
- A background in management within the fitness industry, typically encompassing these keys areas of people management, managing brand standards, loving the fitness industry and be commercially aware and savvy. We are typically looking for someone who has been a General Manager, Club Manager, Fitness Manager, Deputy/Assistant Manager or Sales Manager within the fitness industry.
- If you are from outside the industry this role is still possible but you must completely excel in the areas above and have transferrable examples. You will also ideally be Personal Trainer qualified to level 3.
- You will have energy, personality and ambition. Skillset is vital but this company also recruit the person sat in front of them.
This role can develop significantly and there are considerable examples of this happening consistently over time and over the country. The next step from this role would be progression to Cluster and then regional management.
Your recruiter for this role is Lawrence Everest, Managing Director at Love Recruitment and can be contacted simply by applying for this role. Lawrence and Love Recruitment specialise in recruitment for the whole fitness sector and if keen to considered please 'Apply Now'
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.