Commercial Manager (Civils)
Our client is looking to employ an experienced Commercial Manager, with civils and utilities knowledge to work at their regional office in the West Midlands. The purpose of this role is for the chosen candidate to ensure that all commercial aspects of the projects and the business overheads are properly managed and well maintained. The candidate is also expected to control the commercial strategy to ensure that it is fully developed and delivered in accordance with the relevant requirements of the business and the business’ needs.
The ideal candidate will have sector knowledge of Civil engineering and utilities. This is a contract role lasting 3-6 months
- Manage the monthly commercial audit process.
- Provide contractual advice during the tendering process.
- Complete monthly review of contract results and performance.
- Carry out cash flow and Work in progress reporting.
- Identify improvements to commercial procedures.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance.
- Maximise monthly valuations.
- Develop and expand the commercial knowledge of the commercial team.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the projects and ensure that commercial staff attain their maximum potential.
- Review all commercial plans to deliver maximum margin.
- Ensure the subcontract process is administered correctly to protect the company.
- Manage CRVs on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the business unit/ company and provide any other reports that may be required.
- Carry out audits on regional contracts.
- Manage and review cost to complete forecasts.
- Manage mediation/adjudication claims.
- Carry out recruitment and selection of Commercial team.
Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified, or equivalent.
- Civil engineering works experience, including utilities.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Management of a team of quantity surveyors, costing staff and project planners.
- Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions.
- Experience of development and implementation of procedures.
- Strong contractual experience.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Member of relevant professional body, or working towards.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to suit this role, please send your CV for the attention of Sophie Scott, or call our office on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84830543