Female Support Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and autism spectrum conditions.
Creative Support are recruiting support staff for our supported living service for people with learning disabilities and complex health needs in Pontesbury.
We are looking for knowledgeable, resourceful and energetic individuals who will provide a high standard of person centred support to a lovely lady. The role involves providing a person focused approach to meeting daily needs and creating an enriched positive lifestyle.
You must be willing to work as part of a team and have the maturity to lead by example, accept responsibility, demonstrate positive practice, ethos and values at all times. You will be able to communicate positively and professionally with families and professionals and actively promote partnership working.
You must be committed to supporting adults with learning disabilities and associated needs to explore life opportunities, build and develop upon their unique skills and achieve what is important to them through a 'can do' approach.
Your role will include:
- Providing practical and emotional support to people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and complex health needs - including support with personal care, shopping, cooking/baking, accessing the community, general household tasks,
- Identifying and accessing opportunities for social inclusion,
- Collaborating with service users, family members and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users,
You will be expected to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service users, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
As an employee of Creative Support we offer you???
- Guaranteed contracted hours (full or part time)
- A wide range of training courses and this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector as we also offer the QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2, 3 and 5. We will support your continuous development by providing accredited courses such as person centred planning, communication approaches and many more.
- Free life assurance
- Pension with company contribution
- A range of employee discounts
Creative Support is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering local high quality care through a well-established and supported local work force.
This role is exempt from Section 7 2e of the SDA.