We are currently recruiting for a Site Operator at our Market Drayton site, to provide a consistent, high standard of service to our manufacturing and distribution operations.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Completion of duties utilising a Fork lift truck whilst ensuring operation in a safe and compliant manner
* Completion of duties utilising heavy compaction equipment whilst ensuring operation in a safe and compliant manner
* Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures, and Health & Safety procedures that are in place
* Complete departmental documentation appropriate to the role
* The systematic processing of the various types of pallets to and from the appropriate production areas and external suppliers
* The safe receipt, handling and storage of packaged chemicals and assisting in the delivery of bulk chemicals
* Assistance in the loading and despatch of Fruit vessels and re-usable packaging being returned to suppliers or waste recycling outlets
* To maintain a regular supply of clean, sanitised waste bins to production environments, and the subsequent removal and appropriate disposal/recycling of waste generated throughout the site
* The cleaning, sanitising and supply of sufficient waste bins to Production and their subsequent removal and correct disposal
* Maintain site cleanliness and housekeeping through activities such as: drain cleaning, litter picking, roof cleaning, road cleaning and the gritting of roads and walkways during icy spells
* To take reasonable care for the H&S of themselves and others who maybe be affected by their acts and omissions at work.
* Prompt reporting of any Accident Near Misses to your Line Manager
* To operate according to documented policies and procedures (H&S, SOPs and business policies) within area of accountability.
* Receipting, inspection and storage of RM Goods in Supply and Return of Raw Materials to relevant production departments supporting a seamless production Operation.
* Control of site Pallet Operation to agreed quality standards
* Support for the provision of Waste handling facilities to Operations including the effective collection, analyisis, segregation of waste into specified waste despatch streams including completion of associated documentation and for the Raw Material Warehouse operation.
Key skills & experience
* Relevant FLT qualifications
* Alignment with and adherence to departmental SOPs
* Relevant H&S knowledge and application within the role
* Confident and polite manner and effective team worker
* Ability to work safely and accurately under pressure
* Operates in a calm and professional manner
* Knowledge of relevant company policies & procedures
* Adaptable to change
* Flexibility, resilience and persistence
* Keen desire to support change and drive improvement
* Interpersonal skills (written and verbal communications skills)
* Ability to develop, strengthen and maintain close working relationships within the business
* A confident, approachable and pleasant personality
* A team player
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84838213