Head of Software
As a Head of Software, you will be responsible for the management and leadership of a team of embedded developers but also the management of system development projects from design through to release. You will be hands on with the design and development of embedded software in the Hereford office.
This Hereford based telecommunications client designs and manufactures satellite equipment and is based in the Hereford area.
As a Head of Software, you will be responsible for:
- Design and development of embedded software for a range of products.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of a team of developers, which will include supervising remote team members.
- Manage delivery of several complex system development projects.
- Produce accurate delivery estimates and manage transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Schedule software development tasks.
- Provide regular progress updates to management and engineering team.
- Involvement in reviews and meetings.
- Ensure risks and issues are identified and managed closely.
The experience and knowledge for Head of Software role is required in:
- Modern embedded software practice
- Real Time embedded C programming
- Networking experience in TCP/IP, UDP
- Driver interfacing to SPI, I2C, RS485, CAN
Experience in following would be advantageous:
- Automated test
- Microchip PIC18/32
- FPGA/CPLD (Verilog/VHDL)
- Digital RF
- Hardware and board level debug
- Cyber security of embedded systems
The salary that is on offer for the successful Hereford based candidate is £70,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84854770