Supply Chain Planner
Our client is a market leading family owned business that are well established in their industry and provide a top-quality service to their suppliers. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced candidate to join their Supply Chain operation in a Planner role. The ideal candidate will be confident in their abilities and will have a strong supply chain knowledge. The will also have experience working in an FMCG environment with an MRP system and will be of a hardworking nature.
- Control of stock including control of supply chain, stock management and logistics.
- Ensuring that stock checks are completed, are accurate and are communicated effectively.
- Ensure that stock availability is communicated and acted upon.
- Ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with customer order requirements.
- Provide minimum order requirements based on monitoring of customer order history.
- Set up all necessary purchase documentation relating to produce arrivals.
- Liaise with internal & external parties regarding the clearance & delivery of all sea freight/road
- Liaise with relevant departments regarding clearance & inter-site transportation of produce arrivals.
- Maintain & develop procurement stock order sheets with stock, sales & product arrival details.
- Notification to suppliers of intake discrepancies.
- Maintain computer based product Bill of Materials and stock codes.
- Assist in report compilation for all aspects of the supply chain.
- Liaise as necessary with customer stock control & internal departments regarding order amendments.
- Maintain a log of any pending purchase claims against suppliers & shipping lines.
- Raise consignment arrival documentation.
- Tracking supplier performance and providing analysis on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Checking and verification of supplier invoices.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within a busy FMCG role.
- Fluent English, both verbal and written.
- Confident user of Word and Outlook and intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience using an MRP system.
- Educated to degree level (BA, BSc) or equivalent (HND, HNC or Foundation Degree) or strong Supply Chain experience.
The working hours are Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday, 8am until 5pm.
Due to location, it is essential that you have a driving license and your own transport.