Software Support and Development Apprentice
Ever wondered how a computer program works? Our client has an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring Software Developer who will help the company develop and grow their team further into the future.
Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm, 37.5 hours per week (30 mins lunch)
Detailed Job Description:
As a Level 3 Software Developer Apprentice, you will be undertaking a recognised apprenticeship qualification, including Microsoft certifications, at the same time as working as part of the company's Software Development team.
You'll work as part of the team to learn about the latest technologies used to deliver what is needed, including C# within the MVC framework, supported by the use of test driven development (TDD), continuous integration using Team City and continuous deployment using Octopus Deploy.
As a Microsoft Software Developer Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Learning how to collate feature requests.
• Providing frontline helpdesk support
• Growing into projects
• Basic Programming
• Becoming a valued part of the Software Development team.
• Helping existing staff with front-end development using Octopus Deploy Technology.
• Being responsible for extracting data and processing the extracted data.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Learning and developing skills in integration management using Team City technology.
• Updating software and systems development.
Excellent communication skills
Fantastic customer service skills
Keen interest in IT
Use of own initiative
The successful candidate will be working 37.5 hours per week. Working hours may be 8.30am-5pm or 9am-5.30pm