Electro Mechanical Assembler
We are recruiting for an experienced Electro-mechanical Operator to join our client at their manufacturing site based in the Burton On Trent area.
- Experience of both electrical and mechanical assembly
- Good use of various hand tools, crimpers & torque drivers
- A good understanding of BS7671 wiring regulations
- Checking products against drawings.
- Follows work based instructions to confirm quality standards are met.
- Participate in work based teams
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Inspect incoming repairs, prepare reports.
- You should have a logical, methodical approach to your work and you must be accurate when taking measurements and recording figures.
- Should have a comprehensive knowledge of building and repairing Electro - Mechanical Sub- Assemblies
- Crimping, wiring, soldering & heat shrinking activities
- Ability to use technical equipment, for example, Multi-Meter, Crimp Tester, and other testing machines.
- Carry out adjustments as necessary to achieve fully functional relays for Inspection
- Conduct other manufacturing activities as and when the business requires, including relay assembly, repairs, etc
- Participate in any training that the company deems necessary
- Take a lead in the coaching / training of other colleagues, in particular Assembler's and new starters.
- Participate in Quality Circle Meetings, including the raising & implementation of agreed Improvement ideas.
- Prepare dispatch paperwork communicate with office admin staff where necessary.
- Record work on timesheet
- Record rejects and inform supervision of any non-conformance
- Generation/ circulation of repairs report
- Any other duties as required
- Ensure training records are up to date, informing supervision of any gaps that exist
The successful applicant will need to have the proven ability to provide professional and proactive support within a demanding and constantly changing environment. You will be flexible, dedicated and always looking to improve the business and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Previous quality/technical experience in an engineering environment
- A professional, proactive and flexible attitude
- Capable of working under one's own initiative to get the job done
- Computer literate - Proficient in common software packages (MS Office etc)
Salary : GBP8.75 per hour + overtime
Hours: 7.30am-4.00pm Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am-12.30pm Friday
We welcome approaches from candidates interested in assembly, assembler, electro-mechanical and engineering vacancies.