Asbestos Contracts Manager
Rhodar Ltd is a leading national provider of asbestos removal, demolition and remediation services, with a proven track record for delivering high-end projects, exceptional service and uncompromising quality since 1976.
Supported by over 400 employees at 12 facilities nationwide, our highly trained teams are trusted by major organisations within both the public and private sectors.
As a rapidly developing company our expertise recently expanded to encompass geoenvironmental services, contaminated land remediation and redevelopment enabling works.
Our commitment to health and safety underpins everything we do. Our vision is to maintain our market leading position, developing long-term client relationships; our mission is to maintain the highest industry standards of service and performance.
Rhodar Ltd is part of Lexia Solutions Group a leading company in environmental, health and safety and risk management services.
We are currently looking to appoint a Contracts Manager to work out of our office in Burton upon Trent.
Salary: DOE + company car.
- Planning and managing day to day operations within company standards and policies.
- Estimating project costs for asbestos removal projects.
- Ensures a correct Method Statement exists for all jobs.
- Ensures all jobs are planned to make effective use of company employees and resources.
- Ensuring all jobs are delivered within budget and are profitable.
- Ensuring all jobs meet required Health & Safety standards- working closely with Health & Safety department on all compliance issues.
- Ensuring customers, contractors and partners are fully informed of our activities, and that our plans are coordinated with theirs.
- Regular visit sites to monitor standards and compliance.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of qualities including:
- Previous operational or Contract Management experience in the asbestos removal industry is essential.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Project and email/internet.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Financial and commercial acumen.
- Excellent organisational skills in being able to multi-task and re-prioritize at frequent intervals.
- Attention to detail.
- Friendly, calm and professional manner.
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team.
- Full clean driving licence
We are committed to being the leaders in our sector and ensure that we develop our staff to reach their full potential. If you are interested in joining an ambitious forward thinking business with great opportunities for career development, we would love to hear from you.
Our commitment to our employees learning and development was acknowledged in 2015 when we were awarded the Investors in People award.
As a company we offer very attractive terms and conditions, which includes competitive salaries, pension, 25 days holiday (+ statutory bank holidays) per year, childcare vouchers and onsite parking.
The Lexia Solutions Group is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high volume of applicants, unfortunately we are not able to reply to each individual applicant. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks then unfortunately your application has not been successful.
We will keep your application form on file for six months and you will be considered for future roles within this time period. After six months your information will be deleted. If you wish to be considered for roles after this point then you will need to re-apply
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84548560