Busy car and commercial repairs workshop in North Shropshire requires a skilled mechanic to work on all makes and models.
Monday - Friday and every other Saturday morning, approx 50hrs per week.
The ideal candidates will be experienced in routine maintenance and repair of heavy commercial vehicles and light commercial vehicles.
You must have the ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team as required and be able to complete the necessary documentation required.
- Maintaining & repairing customers vehicles & trailers in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation.
- · Routine vehicle maintenance and repairs to VOSA standards.
- · Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for annual MOT inspection.
- · To communicate effectively with the Workshop Manager
- · Good housekeeping routines to meet H&S requirements and maintain a safe workplace.
- · Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have completed a recognised Heavy Vehicle qualification (i.e. City & Guilds or NVQ)
- Must have a proven track record of commercial vehicle repair
- Full UK driving Licence is essential
- (HGV Class 1 or 2 licence is preferred but not necessary)
- Good rates of pay - negotiable depending on experience.