Great opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join a Solicitors based in Malvern. The ideal candidate will have experience in residential conveyancing work with excellent secretarial skills. Salary c£18k.
To conduct a variety of tasks including general administrative tasks and support with tasks such as filing, printing, research, drafting correspondence/document etc.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the development of the case management system and standard documents
- To deliver a high-quality service to clients, both face to face and via correspondence
- To build relationships with client and other contacts on behalf of theteam
- To provide a point of contact during absence of their supervisingsolicitor
- To open and close files efficiently
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents using dictation and word processing to ensure high quality writtendocuments
- To use initiative to progress files within the limits of their ownability
- Draft bills and completion statements and deal with billing asappropriate
- Undertake any specific training required for the role and take responsibility forself-development
- Workfromany officeas requestedbyDirectors
- Haveanindepthunderstandingofwhattherolerequiresthemtodoand administration processes within theprofession.
- Assist any department or fee earner as requested to do so by theDirectors
- Prepare SOLT Returns and submit whenappropriate
- Deal with Land Registry applications and track them to ensure allapplications are completed within a timelymanner
- Participate in team meetings along with social, promotional and charitable activities organised by thefirm
- Assist with any tasks in the office as requested
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Previous experience practicing legal work and using case management systems.
- Excellent IT Skills and competent using software's such as Microsoft Word, Exceletc.
- Can prioritize workload and distribute work evenly within theteam
- Able to work well under pressure and beproactive
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients, third parties andcolleagues
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt and be flexible as the firmgrows
- Organised andpunctual
To apply for this role please forward a full CV including all experience relevant to this role.