Waste Prevention & Inspection Officer
Waste Prevention & Inspection Officer required
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Special requirements: Full UK Driving licence
- To increase the participation rate in domestic and trade re-use and recycling schemes by the provision of information, education campaigns and to work with residents, traders, schools and other organisations to promote waste prevention and increase re-use, recycling and composting.
- To deliver a targeted inspection programme across Birmingham to ensure businesses are complying with the law. For provide advice and guidance or to initiate legal action where there is continued non-compliance.
- To collate, maintain and present evidence of criminal enforcement matters within formal legal processes and proceedings
- To raise issues of poor service/Health and Safety arising from the inspection process.
Essential experience required:
- Working in a waste management environment
- Monitoring and reporting of environmental legislation and operational service delivery
- Project working
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to commincate with a range of audiences
- Initiate and take forward new ideas and the ability to deal with difficult situations including conflict management
- Prepare and present written reports and statistical information
Standard DBS required for this post which can be undertaken by First Personnel
To apply please send your CV to Nicole Butler