Management Accountant Newcastle under Lyme up to GBP50,000 depending on experience
Your new company
My client based in Newcastle is an established SME company. They are looking to appoint new Management Accountant who will be working alongside the Company Director and take responsibility for company's finances.
Your new role
As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for following duties
- Supporting and mentoring the Finance Assistant and Company Administrator in their role
- Being fully aware of the company's financial position producing weekly figures using the order book and forecasting future sales figures.
- Producing job costings and work in progress for monthly meetings
- Producing and keeping control of the company's cash flow
- Producing budget/actuals/variance analysis
- Completing annual R&D tax returns for annual submission to HMRC - with assistance from a consultant company and external accountant
- Completing monthly returns for submission to the pension provider. Assessing old and new staff for auto enrolment eligibility
- Processing monthly staff salaries and year end payroll for submission to HMRC
- Processing and submitting monthly PAYE and CIS returns, quarterly VAT returns
- Renewing and negotiating all the company's annual renewals - insurance, energy, mobiles, vehicle renewals (contract hire) etc
- To assist outside IT company
- Process, record and pay the directors dividends and annual personal tax returns
- Producing management accounts for presentation to the Director on a monthly basis - includes full reconciliation of the accounts : posting journals, asset register, job costings, WIP, accruals, prepayments, checking purchase and sales ledger is correct, cashflow, forecasting sales, wage reconciliations etc
- To liaise with the company's appointed accountant at year end, or as and when required, to assist with all year end processes
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with previous experience in a similar role. You will have ability to organise your own workloads and to meet tight deadlines.You will need excellent communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders across the business. Knowledge of Sage and Excel will be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
Depending on qualification and experience you will get salary up to GBP50,000 alongside pension scheme, holiday allowance and free on site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.