About the Night Manager Role :
As our Nights Manager, you will manage the operation in our warehouse location; the role involves the management of staff productivity. Your will ensure the overall cost and service targets are met successfully.
This interesting and challenging role in our management team will see you execute a planned and effective newspaper operation, taking responsibility for:
• Maintaining effective operational service to meet legal and customer service requirements
• Developing and maintaining excellent staff and customer relations
• Promoting and implementing the visions and values of the business ensuring that they are understood and applied by all staff
• Supervising all staff. Providing training and coaching and identifying training needs
• Providing accurate reports that highlight any challenges or successes
• Working closely with the management team to identify potential risks
• Maintaining a high level of health and safety at all times
• Ensuring compliance with legislation and company policy
• Working to an annual set budget and forecast
You’ll have a track record of success in a warehouse environment typically gained through 2 or more years’ experience in a management position. You’ll also be able to evidence:
• Experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Managing a large operation and being able to liaise at all levels
• Outstanding communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with all team members and management
• Experience of planning and effectively executing a night operation. Dealing with all issues and challenges as they arise
• Adaptability, positivity and effectivity when working with ambiguity and changing commercial drivers
• Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining an accurate, high quality output
• Highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation
• Tenacity and an effective approach to meeting and exceeding targets and delivering an outstanding client experience
• Computer literacy and confidence in the use of technology and IT systems, including a high degree of knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent business acumen and strong commercial and financial awareness
Although not essential, experience of working in Newspaper and Magazine distribution would be advantageous.
Connect Group PLC
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers
The UK’s leading newspaper and magazine distributor, Smiths News currently has a 55 per cent share of the UK market and distributes 40 million newspapers and 14 million magazines each week. Smiths News enjoys a 200 year-old distribution heritage, and serves 35,000 customers from its 39 nationwide distribution centres, operating in the world’s fastest moving supply chain.
Working on behalf of all major national and regional publishers, Smiths News distributes a diverse range of print media to general retailers and smaller independent newsagents.
In 2014 the Company also launched its Jack’s beans Coffee Company - a Fairtrade bean-to-cup self-serve coffee for consumers on the go.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84643172