Counselling Services Manager
Counselling Services Manager (Therapeutic Services / Helpline)
Salary: £38,795 Per annum
Hours of work: 37 hours including one evening shift
Job Closing date: 14th February
About the Company:
Our clients company is an award-winning charity that provides specialist support services to victims and survivors of all forms of sexual violence and sexual abuse in Coventry.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer however this post is targeted at female applicants only - the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1 applies.
Counselling Services Manager Job Purpose:
- To provide strategic and operational management of therapeutic services and helpline
- Lead service development and continuous improvement across all areas of management responsibility
- To be an active member of the Senior Management Team, representing the companies leadership both internally and externally
- Act as a nominated Safeguarding Lead across the organisation
Counselling Services Manager Duties:
- Overall responsibility for the Helpline, Volunteers and Counselling services, including management of performance and quality, waiting lists, service delivery models and outcomes.
- Provide direct line management support, supervision and annual appraisals to the Helpline and Volunteer Coordinator, Volunteer Counselling Coordinator, Counselling Senior Practitioners.
- Overall responsibility for the service user experience.
- Ensure a high quality of service delivery to clients is maintained.
- Provide quality and operational data reports and analysis to demonstrate service performance.
- To support the Strategic Lead for Business and Finance in fundraising and funding applications.
- Build and sustain relationships with external stakeholders and ensure that regular reports for Funders are completed correctly and on time.
- Oversee staff performance and development, including own professional development.
- Ensure service delivery complies with Rape Crisis England & Wales (RCEW) and BACP service standards.
- Hold organisational safeguarding responsibility in line with company safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to ensure effective and efficient systems and processes are in place for optimum service delivery.
- Respond to service user feedback and develop effective evaluation processes, investigate service user complaints where required.
- Support the strategic planning and development of services.
- Propose and develop revised systems of work to allow the company to respond to changes in the sexual violence and counselling landscape.
- Deliver internal training & presentations as required.
Carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit, purpose and responsibilities of the post and it’s grading, as requested by the CEO.
Counselling Services Manager (Therapeutic Services / Helpline) Person Specification:
- Extensive experience of providing trauma focused counselling/therapeutic practices.
- Direct experience of managing client-facing services, including performance management and supervision of staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of the nature of sexual violence and abuse and its effects on victims and survivors.
- Direct experience of safeguarding, data protection and risk management.
- Knowledge and understanding of discrimination.
- Experience of working with a range of agencies in the statutory and voluntary sector.
- Proven ability in the areas of quality management, change management and continuous improvement.
- Experience Managing projects and budgets.
- Ability to produce detailed written reports, analyse information and identify trends.
- IT competent, should be familiar with Word/Excel/ PowerPoint and databases.
All of the qualities we are looking for may be demonstrated through skills and experiences in paid or unpaid work.
Any offers of employment for this post will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please attach a personal statement outlining the skills, qualities and attributes you will bring to this role (1000 words max)