We are currently recruiting in our IT Department for an Application Developer. You will be responsible for application design and development and design and developing programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
* Identify potential for application improvements, i.e. move from MS Access VBA to .NET applications
* Adherence to Project Management Process and project approval process.
* Assist in identifying and assessing risks to the success of the project.
* Assist in preparing realistic project and quality plans and tracking activities against the plans.
* Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
* Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
* User Support - To resolve application issues escalated from the IT service desk i.e. provide third line problem solving expertise to resolve issue
* Experienced developer with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft .NET platform , to include C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET and associated toolkits & methods, including Bootstrap, MVC, Jscript, VBA for applications, with ability to provide a technical lead on application development projects, defining standards and ensuring best-use of appropriate toolsets
* Working with Business Analysts to assist in the specification of applications, ensuring that best practise and fit-for-purpose considerations are included in the technical design, with the ability to translate functional designs into high performing scalable solutions in multi-user environments with development of applications in both Win-form and Web-form
* Good interpersonal skills, and able to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the business, to understand business processes in relation to existing/proposed IT solutions, documenting processes and assist in user training of deployed solutions
* Ability to work autonomously and manage their own workload, and whilst also being an active participant in wider team-based projects, being able to work on multiple concurrent pieces of work
* Experience and participation in the full development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through to deployment and on-going support and maintenance.
Key skills & experience
* Experience of developing applications to interact with with databases, preferably SQL Server
* Knowledge and/or use of PHP, Mysql, Apache & Linux an advantage.
* Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
* Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate, providing regular status updates.
* Experience of source control techniques
* Experience of defining, communicating and enforcing coding standards with colleagues
* Every day use of MS Office applications
* Good administrative, interpersonal and team skills.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84917444