We are looking to recruit a Works Engineer to run the engineering function onsite, hands on role ensuring all equipment is maintained via reactive and planned maintenance.
Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 5,700 people in 26 countries.
We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
- Communicate with the site Manager about projects, health & safety, budgets etc.
- Manage the engineering function for your site.
- Manage staff under you (if applicable).
- Repair all equipment on site (If unable to do so then liaise with UK Engineering Manager/Deputy and Works Manager).
- Attend call outs, sometimes as part of a rota but depending on manpower sickness & holidays.
- Rota's are not fixed & from time to time may change.
- Carry out planned and preventive maintenance tasks on time and accurately.
- Log all non-conformances, faults & errors onto the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Report any violation to Bodycote health & safety procedures, including deviation from permit systems to UK Engineering Manager or Deputy.
- Advise areas where you or anyone who reports to you requires training.
- Ensure there is sufficient engineering cover at all times, including holidays and periods of absence (where reasonably practicable).
- When requested attend any UK site to aid the Site Engineers in major reactive tasks.
- React if there is a problem during breaks & Lunch (reschedule break/lunch).
- Stay after hours if contractors are working on site or there is a problem.
- Follow company health & safety procedures.
- Control all Engineering permits systems on site.
- Control Engineering Budget for site.
- Control Planned Maintenance Systems for site, ensuring all site departments comply with the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Ensure all contractors working for you have up to date public & personal liability insurance. Ensure all contractors working for you use the correct PPE for the site and task.
- Ensure all contractors adhere to Bodycote Site specific health and safety procedures.
- Ensure all contractors follow Bodycote's permit systems.
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
- Any expense claims are to be approved by the Deputy UK Engineering Manager or Works Manager for your site.
- Manage any Projects on your site as directed by the UK Engineering Manager/Deputy.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained on site (Site Manager has discretion when components are ordered).
- Ensure purchase requests are raised for all spares requests.
- Record in a monthly report when stock is not ordered due to Site Manager's recommendations.
- Ensure spare equipment is maintained in good order & repaired promptly (Site Manager's discretion when repairing spare equipment).
- Record in a monthly report when spare equipment is not repaired due to Site Manager's recommendations.
- Carry out risk assessments/safe systems of work when required.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Electrical experience preferred together with mechanical aptitude.
- City & Guilds/BTEC Qualification in Engineering or similar.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 3% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.