Project Engineer Renewable Energy
Project Engineer (Renewable Energy)
FEC Energy is a market leader in the agricultural and horticultural industry. We offer a good working environment and opportunities for career development as our business continues to expand.
Based on the Stoneleigh Park site and surrounded by countryside, the facilities on site include a farm shop & caf??, a small hotel with restaurant, a gym and an independent children's day nursery.
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: GBP25k to 35k per annum depending on experience
About the role:
We are looking to add a Project Engineer to our team, to support all aspects of our work. With several years' of professional experience, you will be working extensively on our Knowledge Transfer projects to disseminate information to industry. In addition, you'll also work on renewable energy systems, improving energy efficiency and compliance with relevant government schemes. We work with our commercial clients to devise, implement and improve energy systems that reduce costs and are environmentally superior.
For example, we are currently working on:
- Glasshouse Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Systems.
- Biomass Installations.
- Anaerobic Digestion Projects.
- You'll contribute technical input to our current Knowledge Transfer projects such as GrowSave - this will include writing presentations, articles and technical updates
- You will support research, analysis, technical consultancy and evaluation of projects in the energy sector for our clients
- You will engage with stakeholders to propose the most appropriate energy solution for our clients
- You'll call upon resource within the team and refer to colleagues to ensure that projects are delivered in a timely manner
- You will maintain appropriate records and uphold quality assurance integrity
- At least a bachelor's level degree in engineering or related discipline
- At least 2 years' professional experience, ideally in a consulting environment
- A good knowledge and experience of the UK energy sector
- An understanding of renewable energy systems and energy efficiency technologies in consideration of their deployment in commercial applications
- An interest in broader energy efficiency and environmental impacts
- Strong numerical analysis capability
- Experience in working in multi-skilled teams
- You will need to be fluent in written and spoken English and be comfortable visiting and communicating with clients on a regular basis
- An understanding of de-centralised energy supply and storage technologies and their commercial deployment would be a distinct advantage.
- Technical skills in assessing heating and cooling technologies - a knowledge of heating and ventilation applications within horticulture and agriculture would be an advantage
- Experience of presenting, and writing articles or technical papers is desirable
- An understanding of energy efficiency / renewable energy financial mechanisms and UK policy that influences these subjects is desirable
- A full current driving license and own transport are essential
You may have experience of the following: Project Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Assistant Engineer, , Mechanical Engineer, Service Technician, Mechanical Manufacturing, Renewable Energy, Engineering etc