Graduate Engineer Energy / Environmental
Graduate Engineer (Energy / Environmental)
FEC Energy is a market leading energy broker and consultant for the agricultural and horticultural industry, owned by the National Farmers Union. We offer a good working environment and opportunities for career development as our business continues to expand.
Based on the Stoneleigh Park site and surrounded by countryside, the facilities on site include a farm shop & caf??, a small hotel with restaurant, a gym and an independent children's day nursery.
Position: Graduate Engineer
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: GBP22k to 26k per annum depending on experience
About the role:
We're looking for a Graduate Engineer to join our Energy Systems & Projects team. Working on a variety of renewable energy projects to include biomass, combined heat and power (CHP) and anaerobic digestion, you will be supporting senior engineers in delivering projects and consultancy services for FEC Energy clients, specifically in the agriculture and horticulture industries.
You will be a key part of the delivery of the Technical team's portfolio of projects. You will need to apply your own skills and expertise and draw on your team and other company resources, to deliver high quality services in a timely manner.
Excellent communication and listening skills are essential as you will need to liaise with clients and convey key information, such as the implications of energy policies like the Renewable Heat Incentive, Feed-in Tariff and Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme, so that informed decisions can be made.
It's important that you can learn quickly and demonstrate a proactive approach.
- Gather, process and analyse information from sites and remotely, and present findings, concepts and ideas appropriately.
- Work with colleagues across technical and service delivery to ensure prompt completion of projects such as: RHI, FiT, ROC and other associated scheme applications, amendments etc.
- Client audits for financial support and compliance schemes.
- Sustainability assessments and reporting.
- Installation health checks and efficiency audits.
- Develop good relationships with clients and make them aware of further opportunities.
- Support the research and technical evaluation of projects in the energy sector for our clients, including energy production and energy efficiency measures.
- Use and develop spreadsheets and technical data required for the assessment of client projects.
- You will maintain appropriate records and uphold quality assurance integrity.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant energy, engineering or environmental subject; or Significant specialist knowledge and expertise in the delivery of technical energy engineering projects and services to a diverse client base.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills including the ability to make complex information easy to understand.
- Proven ability to take initiative to keep tasks and projects on track.
- Experience of managing own workload to ensure that routine and one-off tasks are delivered to a high standard and on time.
- Experience of setting realistic timescales and deadlines and delivering work accordingly.
- A basic knowledge of the UK Energy sector.
- Intermediate computer and keyboard skills including Excel and Word as well as CRM systems.
- Strong quantitative analysis capability.
- A full current driving licence. Some travel will be required including attending site visits, meetings, appointments and presentations which may include overnight stays.
You might also have:
- Experience of renewable technologies such as biomass boilers and anaerobic digestion plants.
- Experience of talking to clients within a business environment.
- Knowledge of energy-related incentive and levy schemes.
- Experience of project management / co-ordination.
- Advanced skills including Excel, macros etc.
You may have experience of the following: Graduate Engineer, Graduate Environmental Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Engineering, Energy Management, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Energy Management, Environmental Management, Environmental Sciences, Engineering Graduate, etc.