Logistics done differently.
Here at XPO, we’re looking for a strong Operations Manager to join the team at our large site in Tamworth. This is a varied role and you’ll lead on all operational tasks whilst leading the team to deliver high levels of customer service to budget whilst maintaining a safe working environment for all colleagues. Activity is constant and with several events to plan for in the year including peak, you will be working at peak pace day in day out 37.5 hours per week from Tuesday - Saturday day shift.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a salary of up to £45,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- You will be responsible for overseeing the warehouse operation. With a team of shift managers and team leaders, you will effectively manage a large team of warehouse colleagues on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the customer`s needs are fully understood and translated into effective operational plans
- There is a large team you will be responsible for and you will continually work to support and help them realise their potential within the operation. You will ensure they are multi-skilled through planned training, coaching and development whilst identifying future talent for the business
- Developing and maintaining plans and reports, forecasting the storage capacity available across the site to support the profit and efficiency of the operation
- The customer on site has a strong presence and as such you will need to be confident in managing the customer`s expectations and your relationship with them, attending customer meetings with the management team
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Previous managerial experience in a similar capacity in a warehouse environment
- Strong working knowledge of health and safety (HACCP qualification ideal)
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84820736