Graduate Technical Publications Controller
Graduate Technical Publications Coordinator required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
In this role you will support ecommerce solutions, including playing a key role in projects, development, and maintenance. To ensure that all technical documentation is complete, current, and accurate, including (but not limited to) maintenance manuals, operator's manuals, technical information notices, retrofit kit instructions and illustrated parts catalogues in all relevant languages. To ensure that adequate record is kept, and communication to internal customers and external service providers is maintained.
- Responsible for ecommerce solution from a technical perspective. Including, but not limited to, user admin, content creation, optimisation.
- Take a leading role in ecommerce projects, including leading project teams as required.
- Regular, proactive communication with internal & external stakeholders to ensure feedback regarding ecommerce is gathered and actioned.
- Create illustrations, and text, for new product documentation prior to product launch. This includes maintenance manuals, operator's manuals, illustrated parts catalogues, and retrofit kit instructions.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date by incorporating product changes identified through the engineering change process.
- Create Technical Information Notices for Global distribution.
- Liaise with third party service providers, including translation companies and technical publications companies as required.
- Interface with various departments to communicate availability of publications, support required, and to answer any incoming enquiries.
- Ensure adequate administrative control of available publications, and incoming requests for amendments.
- Provide training as required to departmental trainees regarding various systems and software used to create exploded diagrams, and to author publications.
- Undertake a senior role in departmental improvement projects.
- Support print room activity, including printing and binding books, creating vehicle graphics, and creating vinyl signage as required.
- Degree level qualification in technical drawing or web design (or closely related subject).
- Experience or knowledge in a Technical Publications.
- Experience in Adobe CC, Framemaker, Isodraw
- Strong PC experience, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Technical knowledge or at least an interest in mechanical / engineering
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence to deal with people internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good appreciation and understanding of technical communication.
- Ability to prioritise own work levels.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84932753