Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor
Location: Shrewsbury, SY2 6FG
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours (5 days per week with flexibility in actual working hours: 8.5 hours including an hour for lunch (so 7.5 working hours) to be worked at a time of your choice between 8.30am and 6.00pm)
About the Company:
Our clients company is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has six offices in the UK and a strong reputation both locally and regionally of providing high quality professional advice.Our client merged with BNE several years ago, a well-respected General Practice consultancy with particular expertise in commercial development, building surveying and valuations and since then, building consultancy has been the fastest growing department within the business.
Senior Building Surveyor Responsibilities:
An opportunity has arisen for a senior Building Surveyor to join the companies busy and expanding Building Consultancy team. This individual would be based in the Shrewsbury office, with a Graduate Building Surveyor reporting to them, and be responsible to the Head of Building Consultancy based in their Kettering office.
The role is primarily focused on commercial property building surveying but an understanding of residential surveys is desirable.
Senior Building Surveyor Requirements:
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
- Must be an RICS Registered Building Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Pre-acquisition building surveys
- Schedules of condition
- Preparation and negotiation of schedule of dilapidations
- Preparation of schedules of works
- Project management
- Assessment of rebuild cost for insurance purposes
- Party wall
- Planned maintenance programmes
The position is office-based with administrative support and the surveyor will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, and arrange appointments and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The work will require travel throughout the country, especially in covering requirements from their Hereford and Northwich offices.
Senior Building Surveyor Benefits:
- Salary: Competitive salary plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
- Training: All necessary training will be provided
- Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan following successful probation period. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
- Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
- Pension Scheme: Workplacepension scheme operated through NEST
If you meet the Senior Building Surveyor requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!