Risk and Internal Controls Manager
Are you a qualified accountant with experience of conducting in depth audits? In the answer is YES, our client are recruiting for a Risk and Internal ControlsManagers to join their team and they would love to hear from you!
A strong Internal Control environment and effective Risk Management process is critical to the company, particularly in light of their mandatory requirement to be Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliant as a result of CRH being a US registrant.
They are very proud of their consistent SOx accreditation and financial Controls environment and are now recruiting two Risk and Internal Controls Managers to join thier Financial Control and Planning function at their headquarters in Solihull, UK. This will enable us to broaden the remit of the Internal Controls team and ensure that they continue to improve the way that they work. This is a really great time to join the Internal Controls team as you will have an opportunity to embed and streamline their approach to Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) requirements and reporting, financial and operational risk management and Internal Controls.
As their Risk and Internal Controls Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading business wide engagement and support for ongoing internal controls and SOx compliance, including providing coaching and training as required across the business
- Development and delivery of coaching and training materials
- Further development of company Enterprise Risk management process
- Ongoing collaboration with global CRH stakeholders and external auditors to ensure that their controls requirements are delivered .
- Ensuring that business change projects comply with SOx and Internal Controls requirements
- Managing and conducting peer reviews of controls throughout the business.
Who are they looking for?
The role of Risk and Internal Controls Manager would be an excellent career opportunity for you if you are a qualified accountant (or finance professional with equivalent experience) and will provide you with exposure to a wide range of stakeholders and activities in a large, people focused organisation. Experience of working in an external, or internal audit team or business assurance role would be beneficial.
It would be great to hear from you if you have the ability to work independently and also that you have the communication and influencing skills needed to confidently and effectively engage with a wide range of people, including senior leaders, representatives of their parent company CRH and internal and external auditors.
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as their Risk and Internal Controls Manager, you will be offered a competitive salary, and a range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Training and development and a wide range of career opportunities within a professional and extensive finance function
Their people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads they drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals they live in and work in. They are very proud of their history and what makes us the company they are today. They also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue their growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of their industry They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. They’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join their team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.If you feel you have the attributes required to succeed in the role