Team Leader - Evenings
Becoming an Evening Team Leader with Capita in partnership with Transport for London (TfL):
As an Evening Team Leader, you'll be responsible for managing and motivating your team to ensure the best possible service is being delivered in line with service level agreements. We'll also rely on you to manage and allocate daily workloads, check the quality of work outputs, monitor team performance, provide feedback to the team and identify risks and potential areas of improvement.
Please note this position will be offered on a 30 hour per week basis, working Monday to Friday between 4.30pm and 10.30pm.
What you will do:
- Ensure a consistent, safe, efficient and cost effective delivery of services
- Manage and develop your team via the effective use of performance management techniques
- Develop and maintain a culture and motivation that maximises team working and cooperation
- Help plan and organise the team's workload to achieve business objectives
- Work with operational managers and resource planning to spot potential risks and prioritise resource deployment
- Proactively identify areas for development and drive continuous improvement initiatives
Your experience will include:
- Managing people and building and leading teams by example within a service environment
- A good understanding of business processes and Health and Safety, data protection legislation and quality policies
- Excellent communication, planning and customer service skills
- Proficiency using a PC and knowledge of Word, Excel and e-mail
- Lots of self motivation and a flexible, "can do" approach
- The ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise work within a pressurised team based environment, often to tight deadlines
About Capita TfL
Capita have worked with Transport for London (TfL) since 2014, we manage London's Congestion Charging Zone, Low Emission Zone and Traffic Enforcement Notice Processing activities for our client. From April 2019, we will also oversee the new Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and will be responsible for the design, implementation and operation of the systems, as well as all front and back office processes on TfL's behalf. Together, we're helping reduce traffic congestion and improve the service TfL provides its customers by allowing them to reinvest all proceeds back into their services. By joining us, you'll be helping our mission to support TfL in their journey to realise the Mayor of London's ambitious plans to protect Londoners from the damaging health impacts of air pollution.
Capita TfL are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customer's needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising with length of service), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84797267