Car Mechanic - Trainee Fork Lift Truck Engineer
Are you a Car Mechanic who wants to be trained to become a Fork Lift Truck Mechanic?
Do you want to work as a Fork Lift Truck Mechanic for a large manufacturer that have manufacturing facilities located across the UK?
If you want to take your current mechanical skills to the next level learning hydraulic applications associates with Fork Lift Trucks then please read on.
Salary: £35,343.36 + Overtime on top of this available
Hours: Mon-Fri days only - flex
Overtime - paid at 1.5 and double
Benefits: pension up to 4% and upwards matched, 34 days holiday, Xmas shut down, health and safety bonus, free onsite parking, PPE provided, tool allowance.
The ideal FLT Mechanic will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
- Previous experience working as a Car Mechanic with the desire to be trained in the world of FLT service and maintenance.
- Apprentice trained/qualified car mechanic
- The desire to upskill into the world of manufacturing and FLT mechanics
Brief overview of duties - with training given.
- Completing daily checks with forklift and truck operators, supervisors and managers within stores and other areas of usage.
- Identifying problems and fine-tuning performance of all FLT trucks onsite
- Repairing or replacing faulty parts on forklifts and trucks.
- Regularly servicing the engines to ensure optimal performance.
- Test-driving forklifts and trucks and making any necessary adjustments to ensure optimal performance.
- Carrying out and completing safety checks on all forklifts.
- Liaising with LOLER inspection and OEM Service Engineers.
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork and records including maintenance of equipment documents.
- Ensuring all forklifts and trucks conform to legislation and meet safety standards at all times
- Identifying and ordering the spare parts for the forklifts and trucks and maintaining stock records.
- Maintaining storage racking and completing repairs in a timely manner to ensure that all racking is in a good safe working condition.
- Developing maintenance routines for all forklifts on site.
If you are interested in the Fork Lift Truck Mechanic role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Matthew Brown/Steve Brown on 01332 360055
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit nicholasassociates.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84945231