Retail Finance Controller
Our client, the UK’s largest private provider of Podiatry with over 40 stores nationwide is seeking a Financial Controller to lead their finance function based near Coventry. You will support the leadership team following a period of change and new ownership, whilst driving the financial change and performance of the business.
You will be part of a small team of accounting staff, with responsibility of delivering the organisations overall finance strategy. You will work closely and report directly to the Managing Director, assisting with several key strategic projects across the company.
·Joining the finance team in Coventry, the successful candidate will control and own all financial aspects of the business
·Ensure the business strategy is maintained and communicated to the management
·Implement robust internal controls across the business and implement changes to the financial reporting system as required by management
·Production of monthly internal financial management reports including detailed analysis and KPI's of the business
·Ensure all Tax, VAT and Statutory Accounting deadlines are met for the company
·Prepare and update budgets, cashflows and financial projections for the business as required by the leadership
·Payroll management including end of year reporting to HM Revenue & Customs
·Reporting monthly, 6 monthly and annually to the shareholders of the business
·Dealing with both Internal and External stakeholders
- Ad hoc project work
- Experience of operating at Finance Director level with a retail business with proven management experience of junior staff
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with previous experience of working in a fast-paced retail organisation.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making
- Prior experience of change management with all levels of the business is essential
- Demonstrable resilience within an ambiguous and fast-paced business
- Hands on approach to problem solving and resolving issues
- Highly IT proficient knowledge of SAGE 200 and stock management systems is beneficial.