Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£32,000-£42,000 depending on experience
Rotating day shifts: 6am-2pm, 10am-6pm
REPORTING TO: Maintenance Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Design and maintenance of engineering parts, products and systems across the site.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To continuously improve the performance, efficiency, safety & cost-effectiveness of all engineering products and systems by developing, supporting and driving improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that plans are in place on a daily basis to ensure the effective operation of all works engineering parts, products & systems.
- Ensure that systems are in place to resolve any engineering product or system issues in a manner that will limit the impact on production, quality, environmental and health & safety performance.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of engineering products and systems to ensure that performance of all is optimised.
- Ensure continued engineering product & system capability through continued monitoring and testing schedules.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing, & modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling & installing components.
- Assure system and product quality through design of test methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Ensure continued operation of all equipment through the co-ordination of maintenance & repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures, and requesting special services when appropriate.
- Support entire engineering function in the development of new engineering parts, products, new tooling and new engineering processes.
- Prepare & provide as appropriate product reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Support the operation of company computer system to ensure all data as appropriate is entered onto and followed through the system.
- Liaise with site management to ensure that all site engineering personnel are trained to appropriate levels of proficiency and that appropriate records are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all work equipment, machinery, interchangeable machine parts and fork lift trucks are operated in accordance with group health & safety, quality and environmental policy requirements.
- Support site management in ensuring that site systems & procedures are operated across the site fully in accordance with company health & safety policy, quality and environmental requirements.
- Ensure that group health & safety, quality and environmental policies are followed through all activities on site and that appropriate records are maintained.
- Support an effective group training and development programme through liaison within group and external service providers.
- Support local health & safety, quality and environmental champions in all activities and responsibilities as appropriate.
- Work with site personnel as appropriate, to rectify engineering issues.
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships with third party specialist engineering contractors as appropriate.
- Support group management in the selection, interview and appointment of new site personnel.
- Support group management in the pursuit of business development and improvement programmes.
- Contribute toward effective working relationships both internally and externally as appropriate.
- To assist with activities beyond the normal role as required.
If you are interested in the position please give the office a call 01902 319333 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org