Project Design Engineer
Project Design Engineer required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading engineering and special purpose machinery business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of FMCG machine technology? Do you have a background in strategically supporting key customers with innovative design and layout solutions? Have you got experience of working in an FMCG / Drinks / Food or related manufacturing environment? Whether you are an experienced professional or a more junior but motivated engineer this is the role for you!
Due to extremely exciting expansion plans we are recruiting an individual that has drive, passion and technical ability to join a dedicated and skilled sales & engineering team. You will need proven experience within an FMCG, Drink, Food or similar manufacturing / production environment. You will have the opportunity to further develop your skills while supporting exciting new projects! This role will offer the chance to take real ownership over your work and make a real difference to the success of the team and company.
By joining the company, you will become part of an industry leading, fast-paced and enthusiastic team that works together to provide world class solutions across the special purpose machine sector.
As a project design engineer you will support the preparation of proposals and tenders, liaising with the customer, sales manager and relevant personnel to deliver innovative machine design and plant layout solutions.
- Site visits to customer sites to develop scope of requirements, supplies, confirm machine positioning and monitor delivery and installation/commissioning progress.
- Preparation of preliminary or detailed layouts
- Confirmation and detailing of customer requirements.
- Preparation of individual machine or transport system or electrical system specifications
- Preparation of tender documents for external subcontractors and service providers -
- Integration of all technical and commercial information into tender documents
- Customer liaison for projects and sales engineering discussions including technical meetings and technical presentations.
- Develop manufacture and project specifications on receipt of customer order.
- Manage project management systems to monitor lines for PDI's, equipment delivery, external service providers, installation and commissioning teams.
- Liaise with and support Project Team, Sales Manager and Finance team on project costing and cash flow requirements.
- Provide sales & marketing support directly through the sales team as required.
- Attend and support Company exhibitions as necessary.
- The role will require regular travel to Germany to co-ordinate project activities.
- A programme of training to learn the technical details of the company product range will be followed and the jobholder will be responsible for keeping updated on product developments.
- Engineering Degree or suitable engineering design experience
- Experience of 2D & 3D CAD design
- Experience of AutoCad
- Understanding of machine interface and complicated processes with space / layout optimisation
- Have a hands-on approach to engineering design and customer support
- Experience of special purpose equipment / machinery
- Experience of components and sub-systems used in filling, processing, labelling and packaging equipment would be a big advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Previous experience of engineering projects/activities
- Appreciation of costing, supply chain and material selection
- Dedicated team player
- Integrity and trust
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.