Role – Toolmaker
Location – Worcester
Salary – £11p/h + Overtime + 23 days holiday
Hours of Work – Monday - Friday Days (37 hours)
ATA Recruitment is currently working with a highly successful engineering business that turnover £8million and have been established for over 50 years. They manufacture and supply over 2000 different products for many of the words biggest engineering companies. As a company they are very friendly and supportive and can offer the right candidate an extremely sable role that is interesting and varied.
The toolmaking team are responsible for supplying all the relevant tools and fixtures needed to manufacture the vast product range the company supply. This will involve using various manual machines, welding and fabrication techniques to make new tools and repair existing tooling.
If you have previous experience with manual machining techniques, are able to read engineering drawings and are looking for to join an extremely friendly company that can offer a great deal of role variety and job security, apply now for immediate consideration!
The role of Toolmaker will involve:
- Selecting and making various jigs and fixtures for the shop floor, mainly to hold metal tubes in place for bending type processes
- Reading engineering drawings to understand what fixtures are required
- Using manual machining, welding and fabrication techniques to make the tooling
- There may already be previous jigs and fixtures in stores, therefore you may be repairing existing tooling also
- Working closely with the shop floor to understand any issues with production
To be successful in your application for Toolmaker you will need:
- Previous experience reading mechanical engineering drawings
- Experience with any kind of manual machining
- Experience with welding and fabrication would be highly desirable but not essential
- Working for a stable company that has over 50 years of expertise
- Busy and varied work load
- Supportive and friendly working environment
Interested in the Toolmaker position?
Please contact Marie Joel (Talent Sourcing Specialist) on or email alternatively click the ‘apply’ button below.
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis – for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/84979948