Assistant Incident Advisor
Assistant Incident Advisor
Location: Droitwich, WR9 0NX
Salary: £18,000 - £27,000, Dependent on Experience
Hours of Work: Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 5.30pm & additional rota-based home working
About the Company:
Our clients company is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The company has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where their business is led and staffed by some of the brightest and most experienced consultants in the UK market place. More recently, in response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors. These include a 24 hour emergency advice line for chemicals and 24 hour spill response telephone numbers.
The Company are seeking to recruit an Assistant Incident Advisor to join their 24/7 Incident team based in Droitwich.
Reporting to the Senior Incident Advisor, the Assistant Incident Advisor will join a busy team, handling reports of spillage incidents from clients (including insurance companies) and organising a suitable response to such calls. Detailed initial training will be provided. The role also includes interpreting chemical information to be able to offer telephone advice on a 24-7 basis to callers ranging from the emergency services through to members of the public.
This is a full-time post and in addition the postholder will be required to participate in a duty rota to provide 24-7 advice from home outside of normal working hours. Shift allowances and overtime rates will be applicable and due to the nature of the industry, the postholder is expected to operate a flexible approach to working hours, dedicating sufficient time to ensure all tasks are completed.
Assistant Incident Advisor Responsibilities:
- Answering incoming calls in a prompt, professional and polite manner, taking details of new spillage instructions including offering any immediate technical advice required.
- Offering critical advice on chemicals to callers ranging from members of the public to the emergency services.
- Using databases and interpreting other information in the offering of bespoke and detailed chemical advice.
- The management of incident response, including the mobilising a physical response using in-house resources and subcontractors, and liaising with the client and incident scene.
- Assessing the priority of any incidents, prioritising emergency or otherwise urgent calls.
- The writing of reports of spillage incidents, including costs and generating the invoice.
- Tracking and sourcing completed paperwork from stakeholders, including subcontractors and other parts of the group, with relevant information to facilitate accurate monthly reporting.
- Any ad hoc administration projects and other work to cover for other team members.
Assistant Incident Advisor Requirements:
- As there may be a degree of travel in the pursuance of company business, applicants should possess a clean UK driving licence.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, is essential.
- Have the ability to balance various and competing tasks, while meeting deadlines.
- Possessing a chemistry or other science related degree or equivalent would be an advantage (A-level or equivalent chemistry qualification would be considered).
- Experience in customer service or offering telephone advice would be advantageous, as would any experience in relation to dangerous goods (e.g. DGSA, SDS writing, health and safety).
- Training will be given where necessary; however, the company are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual, with excellent communication and organisational skills and a willingness to undertake additional duties to be an asset to the team and the Company.
Assistant Incident Advisor Benefits:
- 25 Days Holiday, (excluding Public Holidays)
- Free Parking
- Regular training and development opportunities, with a clear route of progression
If you meet the Assistant Incident Advisor requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!