HGV Vehicle Technician
To service and repair vehicles to the standards laid down by the Department of Transport and the Company Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Diagnose and repair vehicles to minimum standards and in line with the Company preventative maintenance programme. Complete relevant documents for all work undertaken including reporting to the line manager.
- Road test vehicles (where qualified and instructed to do so).
- Take or accompany vehicles for test as required (where qualified and instructed to do so).
- Ensure correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment.
- Good housekeeping standards must be maintained.
- Ensure no vehicle leaves the workshop in an unroadworthy condition.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Full Cat C Licence, C&E preferred but not essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
- Trailer experience ideal but not essential
Shift: Night Shift -10:00PM - 6:30AM