Corporate Finance and Administration Manager
In this varied role, you'll head up the team that takes a closer look at how Aldi is performing and shares best practice knowledge with our international business.
You'll ensure that your team produces the kind of reports that allow the Directors to make business-critical decisions. Importantly, you'll highlight where the finances are heading and flag up any areas that need particular attention. What you say and what you do can have a real impact on the future of Aldi. We do things our own way here. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means now, more than ever, we need to keep on top of our finances.
We are looking for a hard-working, experienced Finance and Administration Manager to join the team based at our Corporate Head Office in Atherstone.
As a Finance and Administration Manager you will develop the systems and procedures that ensure the effective management of the department's finances; recommending operational efficiencies and internal controls.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and management of a team of direct reports
- Management of the department budget and expenditure
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Supporting departmental decision making processes through accurate and relevant financial data
- Establishing and implementing financial procedures
- Managing centralised supplier contracts, filing and shared network drive systems
- Promoting awareness of and compliance with contract management processes
- Providing guidance and training on contract matters, practices and procedures
- Minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
- Experience of managing your own team
- Relevant experience in a finance and administration function at an appropriate level
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues
- Project management experience
- Experience of implementing change and new systems/solutions, and working with suppliers
- Exceptional IT, communication and organisation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good legal understanding of contract management
- Retail and GSCOP knowledge is desirable
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm and drive with experience of working to deadlines in a dynamic environment. You will be able to think on your feet, be self-reliant and a confident individual with a positive attitude.