Reporting to the Head of Mens Design and working alongside key members of the Trading, Brand and Product teams you will create truly world-class, brand-appropriate graphics across both apparel and accessories.
You will primarily be responsible for creating and applying designs across a range of sportswear products. An eye for detail and pride in producing the best are essential. You’ll also be directly involved in the creative design process for projects from start to finish, working with the rest of the design team to develop seasonal ideas and solutions. Bringing enthusiasm, fresh eyes and new ideas to our products is really important. Managinng your own workload is key as is the ability to manage multiple projects at once, take ownership of your work and delivering results that nail the initial brief.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing cutting-edge, brand appropriate graphics for apparel and accessories.
- Collaborating with the development team to fully realise the potential of your designs and visions.
- Trend research via comparison shopping, online research and trade fairs.
- Producing innovative and appropriate mood-boards.
- Liaising with Buyers and Merchandisers to understand the commercial impact of current and past Gymshark products.
What you'll need:
- Commercial awareness combined with a creative mind-set and an eye for detail.
- Highly organized and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication.
- Producing clear design specifications and artworks.
- Excellent understanding of branding.
- Disciplined adherence to the critical path and deadlines.
- Confidence to shout for help if needed.
- 1-2 years experience in graphic design.
- An understading of techniques and applications for apparel graphics.
- A passion for sportswear.
- A relevant degree.
- Experience of creating designs for mens apparel.
- Purchased Gymshark products, you’re a customer/love ‘Active’ brands.
- Create belief, lead the strategy and energise the organisation.
- Own it and make it happen.
- Are comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Prepared to take risks.