Children’s Home Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a proven Registered Manager to run a Children's Home for this well-established care provider. We are working on behalf of this great company, who already have a great reputation for giving exceptional standards of care for Children.
The main responsibilities of the Children's Home Manager include:
• Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
• Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
• Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
• Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff
• Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
• Ensuring adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
• Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
• Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home
• Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored.
The key skills and experience required for the Children's Home Manager include:
• NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent and Level 5 Management qualification is essential
• Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
• Understanding needs of complex needs Children
• Ability to manage challenging behaviour
• 2 years recent experience working with children in a residential care setting
• At least 1 year at senior level in residential care
If you are interested in this Children's Home manager role then please forward your up to date CV to or call me on to discuss things further.
"As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month