Corporate Logistics Manager
In a nutshell, you'll make sure that Aldi products get from the suppliers through to our distribution sites across the country, to keep pace with our amazing growth.
This is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively. So you could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You'll be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the supply chain and make the right decisions. It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. But if you're ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Corporate Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
The Logistics Manager plays a vital role within the Corporate Buying Department. You will be responsible for managing a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with logistics service providers.
- Manage, develop and train their Logistics Assistants
- Identify cost saving opportunities and develop operational plans for implementation
- Manage ALDI logistics service providers within contract guidelines
- Resolve any service provision issues that may arise in consultation with the Corporate Logistics Director.
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements in his/her area of responsibility
- Monitors logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
Essential Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics and Transport
- Minimum 2.1 grade degree qualification
- Team Management
- Strong Communicator
- Excellent Leadership skills
- 5 years industry experience in a management role