Head of Supplier Management
Role: Supplier Manager
Location: East of England
Duration: 3 months
Rate: GBP300-GBP375 per day (dependent on experience) Inside IR35
We are working with an NHS organisation who are searching for a Supplier Manager to be responsible for contract negotiation and management of a healthcare provider. You will be responsible to lead a dynamic multidisciplinary team to manage the interface with a healthcare provider. Such providers are among the top 20 contracts nationally and collectively account for 50% of NHS England acute commissioning spend.
You will oversee the commercial interface of acute providers and CCGs for all aspects of contract and performance and undertake the supplier relationship management function.
You will also lead as a subject matter expert for commercial development projects and initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the negotiation and delivery of value in an assigned nationally strategic provider
- To oversee the assigned provider portfolio in accordance with the NHS Commissioning Framework for Specialised Services
- To produce monthly performance reports including the development and monitoring of trend information and the production of detailed forecasting across the contract portfolio
- To review the impact of high cost patients and patient outcomes
- To review in detail monthly performance for each provider within the portfolio and provide appropriate challenge as necessary.
- To plan and oversee the annual contract negotiation process with providers within the portfolio including direct management and delivery for a nationally strategic provider.
- To organise and chair contract and performance review meetings for the provider lead
You will need the following experience/skill sets:
- Proven negotiator with a track record of securing results from personally leading multiple rounds of complex negotiations in a healthcare environment of over GBP100m
- Credible and experienced senior manager who will command the respect of peers
- In depth knowledge of regulatory and legislative landscape in relation to choice, competition, national tariff, and the NHS contract
- Demonstrated expertise in a Healthcare environment in a role with commercial responsibilities
- Member of relevant professional body
- Dynamic personality and ability to build trusted stakeholder relationships and wide support networks in a political context
- Strong external communications skills in a politically sensitive environment and experience in handling media
- Outstanding technical and relational negotiation skills and influencing
If you have the relevant skill sets and experience and are interested in this position please apply or get in touch with Lily or Georgie in the Rethink Bristol office