Assistant Designer - Womenswear
This is a fantastic first job opportunity for a Design graduate who is looking to pursue their career in a dynamic and successful supplier based in the heart of East Midlands hub. They are going through a period of growth.
You will be assisting in the design and development of commercially viable products that fall in line with market and trend requirements, brand values and target margins.
Ideally you will have knowledge of garment construction and an understanding of the manufacturing process within wovens and jersey, and be very keen to learn.
Assistant Designer - Womenswear - The role:
- Produce design presentation boards, including trends, colours, illustrations and range plans with the use of illustrator and Photoshop software.
- Researching trends and fabrics/trims, putting story and presentation boards together.
- Attending and liaising with clients to discuss designs and firsts samples as well as with customers.
- Manage and keep up to date trims/fabric library.
- Liaising with technical department to create first samples and account managers on new developments when required.
- Developing new presentation methods.
Assistant Designer - Womenswear - The person:
- Minimum of 1-2 yrs experience of working within a similar design role.
- Good garment construction knowledge.
- Commercially aware, and able to translate broader fashion trends into another specific areas.
- Good presentation skills.
- Confident skills on Illustrator and Photoshop as well as outlook, word and excel.
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual, a team player with the ability to work to critical path deadlines.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word documentformat stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB)
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.