Our client based in Rugby are currently seeking to appoint a part-time or full time, Fundraising FInance Executive with strong accounting SAGE and Excel experience to join their team on a 6-month assignment.
Objectives of role
- To ensure the accurate reflection of donations / pledges received on the fundraising system (Raisers Edge) not essential to have Raisers Edge, it is just a nice to have.
- To ensure the accurate reflection of funds received on the finance system (Exchequer) (Not essential to have Exchequer, it is a nice to have, if you have worked on SAGE this is important)
- To complete regular bank reconciliations
- Provide a business partnering link between the finance and fundraising teams aimed at developing appropriate reports, and increasing understanding
- Supporting finance manager with preparation of schedules for the month end/year end accounts.
KEY ACTIVITIES: (RAISERS EDGE IS NOT ESSENTIAL)
- To keep full income records from a range of external sources
- Co-ordinate the analysis, coding and capture of fundraising income data across the organisation ensuring completeness - Raisers Edge
- Ensure the accurate reflection of organisational income across the organisation ensuring completeness - Exchequer
- Regular completion of Bank reconciliation statements - minimum of weekly - Exchequer
- The regular reconciliation of information between the fundraising system (Raisers Edge) and the finance system (Exchequer) - minimum of monthly
- To provide timely income information to, and act as the main contact with, the fundraising team
- Develop understanding between FR and finance of their respective systems as necessary
- To prepare monthly Gift Aid claims for the organisation from records held on Raisers Edge, ensuring valid declarations are available for inspection by HM Revenue and Customs and to monitor and implement tax reclaim procedures. Liaising with the Finance Manager and the Director of Corporate Services as appropriate.
- To provide the Director of Fundraising and Communications and fundraising team with monthly Raisers Edge income reports.
- To support the fundraising team by segmenting data by donor group to provide accurate management reports and statistics - Raisers Edge
- To support the fundraising team by providing research information and data to support funding applications and increase understanding - Raisers Edge
- To support the fundraising team by segmenting data for appeals and analysing appeal performance - Raisers Edge
- To support the finance manager with preparation of schedules
- To support the finance administrators in the execution of their roles
- To support compliance with legal requirements relating to Data Protection in respect of fundraising and income data.