Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
Solihull B91 2AA
Permanent Opportunity- Competitive Salary
My client is a leading banking and financial services firm, and is seeking a new Head of Procurement to be based in their Solihull office.
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we've exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you'll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
The department is in a period of transformation, and we are seeking an experienced IT Procurement professional to join and lead our team. This role will see you communicate with colleagues in multiple locations; including our Head Office in Paris, and building up effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Manage procurement & supplier management activities, working efficiently and effectively with departmental managers and staff to maximising procurement contribution.
- Evaluation of business requirements and programming of procurement support activities. Ensuring cost effective and technically efficient supply solutions are delivered consistently.
- Active involvement in pre contract activities and processes to ensure that optimum supply solutions are fully evaluated, with effective stakeholder engagement, ensuring expertise is fully harnessed and considered in the decision making process
- Establish and develop key relationships within parent company procurement organisations, promoting professional procurement and leveraging group contracts.
- Performing Level 2 governance checks on Contract Managers within the business, to ensure they are managing suppliers in accordance with the Supplier Relationship Management framework.
- Deliver savings targets. Monitor and report on savings within the business.
- Develop, support and mentor to ensure departmental managers understand and apply the procurement process effectively and appropriately.
Essential skills/ experience required:
- Demonstrable experience working in a comparable Procurement Role, ideally within a financial services environment and a focus on IT.
- Experience of leading teams and performance management
- Experience of managing multiple events
- Will be analytical and data driven when making decisions, with an attention to detail;
- Good understanding of contracts;
- Proven negotiation skills, facilitation and problem solving skills;
- Excellent Communicator with Strong Coaching skills
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) or working towards this
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools
If this role sounds like your ideal next step- please apply now to be considered.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy