We are the world leader in food and environmental testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Laboratory Technician to join our expanding team based in Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
Please note working hours are on a 4 week rotational basis:
Week 1 - Monday - Friday, 11am - 7pm
Week 2 - Monday 2-10pm, Tuesday - Friday 1-10pm
Week 3 - Tuesday - Friday 2-10pm, Saturday 11-6pm & Sunday 11-4pm
Week 4 - Monday 2-10pm and Wed - Fri 2-10pm.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Preparation of media in line with methods and standards.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Any other duties requested by the Line Leaders/Team Leader
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good laboratory skills and practices
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us.As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations for more information on how we process your data and why please click here.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.