By knowing the market inside and out, you'll help to manage the buying vision and challenge us to achieve ever-greater things.
You'll make sure we deliver on our promise to customers by helping to secure exciting products at the best price. In fact, you'll set the bar high in retailing. Our buying teams - if it's possible - have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You're a skilled Buyer with a great supplier network with the ability to influence and manage others.
Reporting to one of our Beer & Spirits Buying Directors, and leading a small team of Buying Assistants, the successful candidate will help to drive Beer & Spirits sales, profitability and innovation through effective leadership, analytical skills and passion for product.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting, managing, assessing, engaging and motivating suppliers
- Developing and proposing exciting, relevant and evolving themes
- Follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement and so maintain Aldi as a market leader in the Beer & Spirits category
- Produce timely and accurate business forecasts, plans, analyses and recommendations to enable targets to be met, and to make further decisions based on key drivers
- Identify, assess and monitor additional information/data which could be used in decision making, planning and forecasting
- Prepare presentations for both internal and external use, taking into account market information, quality and commercial considerations
- Provide assistance to the Beer & Spirits Buying Director on existing and future core and seasonal ranges
- Utilise the knowledge and initiative of employees, following the principles of the Aldi Management System
- Minimum 2.1 grade Degree qualification
- Maths GCSE grade B (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable passion for the category / industry
- Retail experience is essential (preferably BWS)
- Experience managing a team is essential
- Demonstrate effective leadership, motivation and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines, with a high level of personal organisation
- Strong communication skills
- Able to deliver concise, articulate, executive level written work
- Ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects